Sunday, June 2, 2019

Buongiorno!

Buongiorno!




Mood: Cautious!

Music listening to:

  Buon Domenica! Come Va? I started the day off at 5:30am looking in on Chris and getting him settled for Elise. Elise will be over soon to care for Chris. Any plans for today?

  The coffee this morning is a nice caramel blend and a second cup will be enjoyed at the "Egg Connection" along with a very good breakfast.

  It is another nice morning here in the valley of Tucson. It is still heating up on a daily basis. Sister Jayne will be here this evening to care for Chris.

 Alexa, is awake and she is reminding me that I have a few tasks to take care off. She also reminded me that I have three continuing medical education classes that I need to complete by Friday. Hopefully she will play some Smooth Jazz for me today while I get things done.

 I assisted Elise with painting a portion of the living room yesterday. We have one more portion to do and it will be completed. It looks very good!

 I also tackled the cactus garden in the backyard as well. I cleaned, cut and watered the variety of cacti in the garden. The jumping cactus took offense because I was in the garden and it attacked me several times by shooting a few needles at me but I won that battle. I did have to pull out a number of stickers though. We will battle again in a few months. Smile!

 Well, I fired up the smoker and what a good job the smoker did. I threw on a nice slab of baby back ribs that I bought a "Fry's". I rubbed it up very well and I let it sit in the fridge for awhile so the seasoning could soak in well. I set to smoker at 250 degrees and I threw on the baby backs and it cooked nice and slow. The fur-babies gathered up around the smoker just in case something dropped on the ground by accident. It did not! Hey, we are talking Baby Backs!

 Well, things were smelling oh so good. I checked the baby backs and they were done and looking oh so good. I had to take a sample like any smoker chef would do and it was delicious. I also gave a sample to my shorty and to Sister Jayne. Ya,ya!

 I took the baby backs out of the smoker and I took them inside the main house. I had a nice BBQ sauce waiting there. I put them in the sauce and that is where they stayed. I called the final product a "Bucket of Blood". I visited a castle in Germany and they served them in a bucket loaded with a fantastic sauce and it was called a "Bucket of Blood".

"BUCKET OF BLOOD"
 

 My shorty prepared some beans, cottage cheese, sliced tomatoes and baby carrots to complete the meal. It was wonderful! We got it all down with a couple of nice cocktails. What a grand meal. I am going to smoke a (brisket) in the near future. "WooHoo".

 Well, I had better get this day moving forward. Have a good "Domenica" and stay happy, safe and well. I will have a chin-wag at you later.

Ciao...Jessie and Elise.

FLO'S FAMILY MEMBERS IN GENOA, ITALIA!


Flo, thank you for sharing the Genoa picture with me. It brought back memories for me when I lived in Italia.

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Buona Domenica fidanzata!

Loraine said...

I ristoranti sono fantastici, ma la cucina casalinga è la migliore! Quelle costole sembrano meravigliose!

Rosie said...

Yum Yum. That sounds like a fantastic meal. Where"s mine...lol

Buona Sera!

Buona Sera! How are you doing? Hope a bit better than we are today. I was so busy today that I did not have time to post to the blog. My fir...