Tuesday, August 7, 2012

What's Up?

What's Up?

Well, I have had another cup of coffee and I have completed my workout for today, and I am moving around like a snail, smile! Those leg lifts just about did me in, let me tell you.

Well, here is a bit more about our trip to Nice, France.

26 Jul 12

We got up at around 8:30am and we hit the coffee pot. The coffee is nice and strong, a real eye opener indeed. Odette is up and seeing to our needs which are not much at all. We have full range of the house as if it were our own.

We grabbed a light breakfast and I do mean light by my standards. Not a strip of bacon in sight, smile.

Elise and I decided last night that we would venture into the village of Levens, way up on a hill. I had second thoughts about the trek up there but we started out at a good pace. Yes, we walked!

It was about a three mile walk round trip and very, very hilly especially going. We started to sweat like pigs, let me tell you. Pigs, oh no isn't that bacon? We got up the the village of Levens and we sat down at at a cafe and we each ordered a bottle of water. We didn't guzzle it because we did not want to look like tourist, smile. Even though we had on our Arizona logo and gecko tee shirts, smile!

We rested for quite a while and we enjoyed people watching. After we had recovered we walked all around the village taking in the sights. Then we stopped in a grocery store (Spars). We bought a few items to include a few bottles of red, some bread, cheese, and some mortedella (Italian bologna) that I love.

Then we made our way back down and we stopped in a bakery and we bought more bread. Some baguettes , croissant's , and some pastry. We had a conversation with a local who spoke English very well. He used to be in the French Navy.

We finally got back to Odette's home and we were pooped, at least I was. Elise opened up a bottle of red right in the nick of time. We cut into the bread and I got out the mortedella and made a sandwich for Elise and I. It was delicious, man was that ever so good.

As a matter of fact I ate the whole baguette and all of the mortedella in one sitting. That is how good it was. I even shocked Elise, and Odette because she likes mortedella and I did not leave any for her. I was bad wasn't I? You have to understand that we had been eating salads and the like for two days and I needed to recharge and I did. Walking up hills will do that to you.

We enjoyed the rest of the day with Odette. Olivia returned home from work and we talked about how her day went and Elise, Odette, and Olivia prepared a light dinner. I believe we went through two bottles of red during dinner.

We stayed up until about 10 or 10:30pm and we called it a night. A very good day in Nice, France. Here are a few more pics. Enjoy....

Outside our window

Outside our window

Odette's home. Who is that on the porch?

Olivia's and Alexe's home next door

Odette's living room

Dining area

Kitchen area

100 year plant blooming

Walking trail/driving way

Home on a hill nearby

Elise taking a stroll

Neighbors tomato plants

House on a hill

Hillside

Me taking a break (crossword puzzle)

Olivia (Oh La La)

No comments:

Buon Pomeriggio!

Buon Pomeriggio! How is your Domenica going so far? I have to tell you that mine is just not the same. I am usually doing my Domenica tasks ...