Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Buona Sera!

Buona Sera!

How are you doing? I am good but a bit concerned about Chris's care today. 

The caregiver is training another caregiver to work with Chris today. After the shift was over I was given a summary about how things went. After they left I went over to see how Chris was doing.

I didn't like what I saw this afternoon. First Chris requires you to pay strict attention to him at all times because he is non-verbal. Chris mouth was not cleaned well after he had his teeth brushed, his catheter needed to be replaced due to it was not secure and sealed. The caregiver went through two previous catheters before the third one was put wrong. His bed bath was not done well especially for his (peri-care). He also has developed a red spot in (peri-care) area. I applied a barrier to the area. Also way to much adhesive was left on his skin. I had to use a adhesive remover to get it off. So I took care of all  these issues and decided not to get him up in his chair today. I placed him on his side and he will stay that way until I care for him this evening. At that time I will have another look at his (peri-area). I don't like to micro-manage people but it looks like I have no choice. Chris cannot be left like that ever and especially if we are away. So it is time for the (DI) hat to come out again.

My playmate is resting due to she is not feeling that well. She is going to her book club meeting later this evening at "Trattoria Pina". She will bring me back some dinner. 

Hope that you are doing OK?

Later...Jessie the (DI)

No comments:

Buongiorno!

Buongiorno! Mood: Tired! Sleepy! Music listening to:  "I'm Coming Out" by Diana Ross! Buon Martedi!  Taco Tuesday!  How are yo...