Saturday, May 28, 2016

It's The Weekend!

Good Morning!

Mood: Relaxed!

Music listening to: I Love You by Stevie B

   It's the Weekend! Sup? I started the day off at 5:00am caring for Chris. Elise is in her cave this morning but she will be up and on the move soon. Any plans for today?

   The coffee is good and I will have some yogurt for breakfast. David will be here this morning to care for Chris and Jayne will be here this evening. If you would please say a prayer for Jayne's sister who has been hospitalized she would very much appreciate it.

   Well, my playmate and I saw the movie "Meddler" yesterday and it is very, very good and it is very well done. It is playing at the "Loft".

   We are going to do some touch up painting today before it gets too hot. We are going to prepare to start on the front of the main house and it is going to be a chore due to the front is ivy covered, but my shorty and I will get it done.

   Well, I have to tell you we had a fantastic day in Sonoita and Elgin yesterday with Jane and Papa John. The weather was beautiful! The drive from Tucson to Sonoita is lovely.

   We visited several wineries and of course we tasted as we went along. As a matter of fact several bottles, I do mean several bottles of wine were bought.

   We had a very nice lunch at "The Cafe" in Sonoita. The food was very good and it is a popular place. We also stopped at the "Empire Ranch" it is a very historic place that was founded back in August of 1876. It was a 160 acre ranch that was bought for only $2000.00 dollars.

   We want to thank Papa John and Jane for a grand day of good food, history, and of course wine tasting and great scenery. 


ELGIN WINERY

ELISE, JANE, PAPA JOHN

ELISE LOOKING AT A DESERT MERCEDES

ELGIN WINE SELECTIONS



TOMBSTONE WINE SELECTIONS

THE CAFE IN SONOITA

JANE GOT HER GRUB ON

WILHELM WINERY


ELISE, ME,PAPA JOHN

TASTING AT THE FLYING LEAP WINERY


   Well, I had better get busy. Have a wonderful weekend and stay safe and healthy.
Later....Jessie and Elise

Also I got a bit of sad news yesterday from my nursing supervisor. She called me to say that she retired as of yesterday. She has taken care of me for many years and she has kept me employed here in Tucson. I will miss her very much and I wish her the very best with whatever she does to enjoy her retirement. 

2 comments:

Loraine said...

Looks like a great trip. Jim and I did a wine tasting years ago. It was fun. So what is the best wine you tasted?

Jessie said...

Girlfriend, the Peach Sangria was heavenly. We bought a few bottles.

Buongiorno!

Buongiorno! Mood: Hopeful! Music listening to: Boney James! Buon Sabato!  How are you doing? It is a nice, sunny morning here in the "O...