Friday, November 20, 2015

Hello!

Hello!

How are you? I am back from running my errands. I ran into a 911 situation this morning. It was a life threatening ordeal that I had to attend to quickly before complications occurred. 

I got the problem under control post-haste. Our coffee bean grinder bit the dust and we cannot have that at all. So while I was taking care of my errands I took care of the problem and all is well now. Smile!

Here is what happened on day three of your trip to Quemado, New Mexico. Hey, did I get you going about the 911 situation?

13 Nov 15

We enjoyed a very nice breakfast with Nanci and Jeff at the Largo Cafe this morning prior to us hitting the road to see a few sights.

We went to Grant, New Mexico to "El Malpais" which is a national park north of Quemado. We donned our warm clothes and hiking boots and we hit the trail.

We climbed up to the ridge and we followed it for quite a ways. What a view I have to say. We saw the lava trails that are visible from the ridge. Amazing sight. I believed we hiked at least three miles or more in and out.

We stopped for a few photo opts and we took a break for a quick snack and a rest period. What a treat.

We returned to Quemado and the Largo Hotel. Nanci and Jeff went back to the homestead and Elise and I enjoyed nice refreshing Jack and Coke in our room.

Later we loaded up in the Tacoma and we met with Nanci and Jeff for dinner at the homestead. Jeff was the chef tonight. He prepared salmon that was so good that I had to have seconds. We also had rice and a stir fry. Delicious meal!

After dinner we sat around the fire pit  and talked, rested and enjoyed a few glasses of vino rosso. We said our good-byes to Nanci and Jeff and we thanked them for such a wonderful vacation with them.

We returned to the Largo and we saw a lot of Elk on the way. We even had a huge owl fly past us. It was cool. We hit the sheets and we called it game over. We head home for Tucson in the morning. Great trip.


THE ARCH

THE RIDGE







ELISE READY TO HIT THE TRAIL


I'M BATMAN

VIEW FROM THE RIDGE


ELISE AND NANCI







NANCI, JEFF, AND I

NANCI, JEFF, AND ME


ELISE LEADING THE WAY



LAVA TRAILS


LAVA TRAIL





DINO'S ROAMED HERE






THE ARCH

WE WERE ON TOP OF THE RIDGE

5 comments:

Sara S said...

Great pics, Batman!

Loraine said...

Beautiful stuff!

Jessie said...

Thanks Sara and Loraine. It was a great trip, cold but good.

countrygranny47 said...

Great pictures Jessie,
Glad you all had a good time.

Jessie said...

Thanks Granny. We had a great time. You and Bob stay warm.

Buon Pomeriggio!

Buon Pomeriggio! How is your Domenica going so far? I have to tell you that mine is just not the same. I am usually doing my Domenica tasks ...