Sunday, January 13, 2013

Hello!! Still Brrrrrr!

Hello,

Well, we just got back from having a very nice breakfast with Paula and Marty at Ala Carte" a wonderful breakfast. It is always a pleasure to break bread with them. Thank you guys!

It is still cold here in Tucson and like I posted earlier it will stay that way through Tuesday. Not typical weather for us here. We were told that it is 3 below up on Mount Lemmon. Brrrrrr!

Elise is caring for Chris right now and I just got my clothes out to wear to the live show at the Berger Center that we are going to attend at 3:00pm.

Well, here is a more info about our much talked about Wizard Fest of 2013. Also the pictures from our dinner at "Feast".

After dinner we meet up at Bobby's home for the Wizard Fest. It was Loraine, Jim, Elise, Bobby and I. We were expecting Marv to show up as well but something at work more than likely prevented him from showing up. We miss him being there a lot.

Bobby house was presented in great fashion and he was the perfect host. We started out with wine for Loraine and Elise, Jim, Bobby and I attacked the margaritas that were plentiful in the Margarita Machine!

We chatted for awhile and then Bobby has us to retire to the living room were he presented a live concert for us on his keyboard. Bobby is an excellent keyboard player. He played some Bach for us and then he played a composition of his titled "Loraine's Lullaby" in honor of Loraine. It was fantastic! Then Bobby played "Fur Elise" one of Elise's favorites and we all loved it. What a way to get this party started, eh?

After the applause was over we all headed to the kitchen area to get ready for the main event the "Wizard Fest 2013". We refilled our drinks and we sat at the kitchen table/booth. We began to munch on assorted nuts and then the game began. I the Wizard Master was all decked out in my magic hat, cape of cards, and I brought out my wand of tricks. 

Well, the game started out going in my favor as I knew it would. it seemed that my wand was doing the trick. We continued to play and kept our glasses full of course. After about let's say twenty minutes into the game things started to change and not for the best.

All of a sudden my game started going downhill fast. I was not making my bids or I would over bid. What was up with that, I am the Master. It continued to get worse. We took a short break to regroup and to have dessert that Bobby prepared. We had some homemade chocolate mousse, and I am here to tell you it was delicious. We all raved about it and we all cleaned our bowls as well. It was excellent, Bobby out did himself this evening.

Well, we got back to the game and I knew that a turnaround was going to happen. I was wrong! I went downhill from then on, yes I did. I was going to lose my Wizard Master status. I did lose badly and I had to turn over my Wizard hat, my cape of cards, and the magic wand over to the new Wizard Master.

The new Wizard Master is now Elise, she wears the Wizard hat. I vowed to get it back at the next Wizard Fest, and I will. I guess I had to many margaritas. Yes, that was my downfall for sure, because I do have Wizard skills galore. My nemesis Loraine knew that I was gunning for her and I kept my promise to keep the Wizard ship away for her.

It was a wonderful evening of good food, drinks, fun and friendship. I am sure that we will be doing this again in the near future. Thank you Bobby for being such a great host! Here are a few pics from the adventure. It got a bit wild let me tell you.
Enjoy! We did!



Feast

Bobby chowing down

This Gin and Tonic is good.

Jim let's eat!

Loraine my prey!

The Wizard in full dress

Loraine and the Wizard

The Maestro


The audience

Working my magic on Elise

Hocus Pocus

Get her another glass of red

The New Wizard Master

Congrats to the new Wizard!


2 comments:

Loraine said...

Ah yes. The hat was passed on to the new champ but you did succeed in keeping if off my head. The story, however, is not over! There's always more Wizard!

Love you!

Susie of Arabia said...

Sure looks like a lot of fun!

Buongiorno!

Buongiorno! BIRTHDAY FLOWER PIC FROM MY GIRLFRIEND (FLO) Mood: Hopeful!  Music listening to: Forever Your Girl by Paula Abdul! Buon Venerdi!...