Thursday, September 18, 2014

Thirsty Thursday!

Good Morning!                 


Mood: Content!

Music listening to: Misty Blue by Dorothy Moore

   It's a Thirsty Thursday! How are you doing? I started the day off at 5:00am caring for Chris. Elise and I both popped up like two waffles out of the toaster. Any plans for today?

   The coffee is very good this morning and is freshly brewed Blue Mountain Jamaican. Well, we got a few drips and drabs of rain during the night. We really thought that we would get a lot more but the storm passed us up. My flip flops have been placed back into the closet until next time.

    Well, yesterday was a busy one. I received a call from my girlfriend Lila saying that she was not feeling well and that she was having severe pain in her back. I had her to describe the pain to me and I asked her how long has the pain been present. I told her to stay by her phone and I would call her right back. I called Bobby to see if he could come by to stay with Chris until Rosemary arrived to care for Chris and he did.

     I called Lila and it took her awhile to answer the phone and that got me to worry a lot. She answered and I told her that I was on my way to take her to the ER. I got her into the car and she was in some severe pain. I got her checked in got her through triage at 12:30pm.

     I called Elise to let her know where I was and why. Elise showed up to at the hospital and we sat with Lila. Lila got blood work done and she also got a CT Scan. Lila was getting very tired because we were there for quite a while.

    Lila has a UTI and she has a severe kidney infection with a few small stones. She was given a IV drip anti-bi and after that she was discharged with scripts for oral anti-bi's and she was told to contact her PCP first thing today. It is now about 7:00pm and we take Lila home. She was glad to be back at home and she was very grateful for us looking after her. Her daughter will be here on Friday and Lila will fill her in. 

    Elise and I stopped at Beyond Bread and we picked up two Dab's Delight sandwiches, baked chips, and two large pretzels. We got home and chowed downed and we had a couple of much needed Jack and Cokes. We watched an episode of "Body of Proof" on Netflix CD.

    Elise hit the sheets to read and I checked on Chris after Rosemary left for the night. I joined Elise to read as well. Eddie is here staying with us for a few days in Do-Drop-Inn room #2. It did not take long before it was lights out.

     Elise and I may go to the movies this afternoon because we have not been in quite a while. We are going to meet up with a couple at "On The Border" for dinner.

     Well, I had better get busy with Chris. Angelica will be here this morning to care for Chris and Bobby will be here this evening . Chris and Elise will be receiving a massage from Pam this morning. Have a great Thirsty Thursday.

Later...Jessie and Elise

Tiger, Marcie, Jet have a good one.

Loraine, how are you?

Jane and John, behave.

Mary and Bob, have a great day.

Shoo and Stu, what is new?

Marilyn, how are you?

Monna, have a good day.

Flo and John, stay well.

JT, how are you doing?

2 comments:

Loraine said...

Phew! You had a busy day. I'm sure Lila appreciates all you did for her. You are a hero!

Jessie said...

Thank you Loraine, I appreciate your kind words.

Buon Pomeriggio!

Buon Pomeriggio! How is your Domenica going so far? I have to tell you that mine is just not the same. I am usually doing my Domenica tasks ...