Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Historical Day


Hello,


It is a very historic day this 20th of January 09. As I watch the swearing in of our 44th President of these United States, it is a very special day for me as a African-American. This day is something that I thought would never have taken place in my lifetime and I am very humbled and proud to see it happen. Not only as an African-American but as an American in a country that is the greatest in this world.


Through this change may things improve for the better for all, my family, friends. We have a patchwork country with a wide history and may it continue to grow and prosper. I have served my country when it needed me and I am sure without a doubt that our President will do great things. So let's unclench the fist and open our hand to all in this free world.


God Bless President Obama and his family, keep them strong, safe, and healthy.


Jessie

2 comments:

Susie of Arabia said...

It is a day for celebration and a season for hope. We are all proud Americans today.

JT said...

Hi Susie,
Yes this is a very historical day. How are you doing?
Jessie

Buongiorno!

Buongiorno! Mood: Hopeful! Music listening to: Boney James! Buon Sabato!  How are you doing? It is a nice, sunny morning here in the "O...