Saturday, April 21, 2012

It's The Weekend!

Good Morning    


Mood: Refreshed


Music listening to: Roadrunner by Junior Walker and the All Stars. (classic R&B)


     The Weekend is upon us! How goes it? I started the day of at 4:45am looking in on Chris and getting him settled for the day. Elise is not in her cave this morning   and that means that she will be hitting the pool this morning. Any plans for today?


      The coffee is very good and hot, just like the weather here in the Old Pueblo. It was in the 90's yesterday and it is supposed to continue in that range for the next six or seven days. It is time to breakout the t-shirts, shorts, sandals and flip flops don't you think?


      We did not go to the Junior High gathering yesterday because I was not feeling well at all. I had all of my clothes out and ready to go,but Elise decided that it was not a good idea. So we went to Cody's Beef and Bean for dinner and it was very good. I had to force myself to eat because I did not have an appetite.


       We returned home and I hit the sheets and I dropped off as soon as my head hit the pillow. I woke up later during the night and I checked on Chris. I returned to the pillow and I was back asleep just that fast. This morning I woke up refreshed and ready to be the Wizard of the world, smile! Loraine!


      I have a couple of errands to take care of this morning. John will be here to care for Chris and Rosie will be here this evening as well.


      We are going out for dinner this evening to the "Downtown Cafe" and after that we are going to the Arizona Theater Company to see the play called " Red". It got great reviews and our friends who have already seen said that it was great.


      We have a Falcon that I have seen for the second time in one of our trees. It hunts and catches the doves and makes them a snack or it's dinner. I saw it yesterday while I was taking out the mail to the mailbox. I saw movement on one of the branches and  I turned and there it was. It was watching me because it had just captured a dove and I guess it thought that I was going to enjoy it for dinner. I took a photo of it with my phone but it was not clear enough. I wish that I had my Canon Rebel with me. One if these times I will be able to get a good pic of it.


      Hey, my Buy one,Get one free car deal was going nicely and I had a good crowd this time looking over the cars. I had a huge smile on my face let me tell you. The Marathon Bridge players cooperated with me nicely a little too nice I thought and I found out why.


     All of the cars were unlocked and people were checking them out and the were liking what they saw. I was saying in my mind (Cha Ching!) jackpot. I had all of the keys on my table so a test drive could be taken. I gave out the keys to a Caddie, and a Honda and then it happened.


     The keys did not work for any of the cars. I glanced into the house and all of the bridge players were at the window laughing at me because they gave me their house keys instead of their car keys. All of my customers left quickly and I was in shock that the bridge players would do that to me. I am thinking that Elise may have set me up this time.


     I gathered up my table the keys and I went back inside and I told Chris all about it and wouldn't  you know it he began to laugh and howl as well. I grabbed myself a shot of Sambuca and I vowed to get even the next time. You cannot trust a bridge player they are good bluffers, eh? I did have a bright moment though. Our friends Flo and John liked my pic of the Hummer sitting on it's nest. So they made a greeting card out of the pic and I love it, it is fantastic!


     Well, I had better get busy. Have a good weekend and enjoy!
Later.........Jessie & Elise


Tiger,Marcie, Jet stay safe.


Erika, good to hear from you.


Loraine, have a good one.


Jane and John,how did your evening out go?


Sho and Stu, what are you up to?


Ross and Denise, what is new?


Dena, how are things?



1 comment:

Loraine said...

You are TOO funny. House keys!!!

Buongiorno!

Buongiorno! Mood: Hopeful! Music listening to: Boney James! Buon Sabato!  How are you doing? It is a nice, sunny morning here in the "O...