Monday, March 14, 2022

Buongiorno!

Buongiorno!



Mood: Blessed!

Music listening to: Theme from Shaft by Issaac Hayes!

Buongiorno! Buon Lunedi!  How are you doing? We started the day off at 5:30am caring for Chris. Any plans for today?

The coffee is a good Caramel Blend, and a second cup will be downed later this morning. It is a very mild morning here in Tucson. Yesterday was perfect weatherwise.

Jackie will be here this morning to care for Chris. Alexa is awake and she said that I have quite a few tasks to complete today. I have to make a trip over on the eastside today.

Chris and Elise will be receiving a massage today from Rosemarie. I told Chris that Rosemarie was going to be here, and he perked way up.

I got all of the pictures from our staycation in Safford and Bisbee loaded. Now I need to review them for posting.

My playmate and I enjoyed our dinner last night at the "Cup Cafe" in downtown Tucson. The food was very good. After dinner we walked over to the "Arizona Theater Company" to see the live play and musical " Nina Simone: Four Women". This was excellent and its presentation was meant to enlighten, and it did just that. Nina was looking through the lens of three other women- a housekeeper, an activist, and a prostitute on the day of the Birmingham church bombing on September 15, 1963-we see how Nina Simone we now know came to be. It made me feel a lot of (orgoglio) about the many changes that have taken place since then. From the incorrect usage of two (antiquated) (N) words to today's usage of (African American). It also shows just how important music is in this life. I enjoyed the way the play ended, without the actors coming back out for the standing ovation that they received. A powerful message was relayed by this. I am sure that many in the audience did not catch the meaning of the ending. We were joined by my (cognata) for this one. 




Today's challenge word is (orgoglio). Have at it fidanzata. Well, I had better check on Chris. Have a good Lunedi and stay safe I will chat at you later.

Ciao...Jessie and Elise 

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Buongiorno fidanzata! Come va?

Loraine said...

Il dramma su Nina Simone sembra molto interessante. Spesso, nel programma "Finding Your Roots", gli ospiti neri parlano del loro orgoglio quando vengono a conoscenza dei loro antenati e di tutto ciò che hanno sopportato e ottenuto. Sono certamente d'accordo sul fatto che l'orgoglio sia l'emozione appropriata.

Ciao!

Ciao! Hey, how is your "Humper" going so far? I slept better than I did the night before, but my sleep is still not the same. I wa...