Monday, March 28, 2022

Buona Sera!

Buona Sera!

The day is over, and I can't wait to hit the pillow tonight. I am exhausted beyond belief.

The repairman was here and assessed the problem and it could not be repaired today. So tomorrow I am home bound again from 8am to 5pm. A cable line repairman will be here to fix the problem. I had planned on going out to the DDC to play a few slots for a short while. The best laid plans of mice and men, eh?

Chris is not feeling well at all. He was great this morning when I got him settled. Rosemarie noticed that he was not himself this afternoon. She told me about it when I came over to give Chris his noon meds. I checked his temp and that was good. 

The caregiver brought Chris over after her shift was completed. We noticed that he was not well at that time. I checked his temp, and it was 101. I gave him some Tylenol to reduce the fever. We kept a close eye on him while he was with us in the main house. 

His temp got better but he was still not himself. He started to wheeze and that is when we put him to bed. I checked his temp again and it was good, but the wheezing was getting worse. We hope that he didn't ingest something, and it went to his lungs. We started anti bi, and I gave him an Albuterol Sulfate treatment. We believe that the caregiver wasn't careful when she brushed his teeth, and it went down the wrong way. I say that was the problem because I looked at his mouth and throat and you could see paste remnants. So, we decided that I will do his oral care on Monday and Tuesday mornings. This should not happen with over 26 years of experience. So you see it has been a long, long day for me. I am starting to see things due to the lack of sleep.  Chris is resting and downing his supplemental drip and watching TV. He has calmed down a lot. I will give him another breathing treatment in the morning before the caregiver arrives.

I am way too tired to post about our staycation in Chandler, Phoenix, and Gilbert. I will get to it as soon as I can. We hope that you are doing well?

Buona notte...Jessie and Elise   

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Buona notte fidanzata. Niente fidanzata, niente sonno mentre il riparatorem era qui. La governante era qui anche oggi. Stuck a casa di nouvo domani dalle 08:00 alle 17:00. Il riparatore tornera a sostituire le linee telefoniche che sono cattivi. Stavo pensando di andare al DDC per un breve periodo.

Loraine said...

Spero che tu abbia una buona notte di sonno.

Anonymous said...

I hope Chris is doing much better this morning.
Rough day for you and Chris as well.
Sending prayers he stays good.

Ciao!

Ciao! Hey, how is your "Humper" going so far? I slept better than I did the night before, but my sleep is still not the same. I wa...