Friday, September 7, 2012

Sale Is Over!

Scooter Lady!
Howdy!!  

Sale is over! Today was not a good day for car sales. I had a few lookers but that is about it. So the bidders and shufflers are going home with their cars.

My inventory was very short this time due to Elise's bridge game was one table short. Instead of four tables she only had three. So that meant that I was short four cars. 

I guess the threat of rain has kept potential buyers away today. As the bidders were arriving there was a problem over on the main street. A car hit it's brakes and it sounded like it hit something. So Chris and I left our table to see what was going on. A car just missed another and it hit a grocery cart that was left on the side of the road. Good thing nobody was hurt, just a lot of noise.

We returned to the table to continue showing cars. I looked at the table and all of the popcorn was gone, and so was the chips. The only thing left on the table was the jar of salsa, and it was turned on it's side and  it was empty. I began to tremble with fear that someone was going to have hot time shortly. I was looking up and down the street to see if anybody was running laps, wildly and screaming to no end. I didn't hear a thing, and that was good.

I began to fold up the table and I took Chris and the chair back into his house. I decided to take a look in the main house through the back windows to see how things were going.

All seemed to be going just great. I noticed a wheelchair in the family room that was occupied by a lady. One of the bidders may have given her a ride to play and I missed her arrival while I was looking at the accident.

All of a sudden she looked at me and smiled. It was the scooter lady, yes I said the scooter lady. She was not sitting at a table playing bridge. I said (WTF) is she doing here. I began to get scared because she grabbed her throat and she could not talk and nobody was paying her any attention. She all of a sudden started to sweat like someone poured a bucket of water on her. She started to roll her wheelchair in circles like a dog chasing it's tail. 

Now I know what happened to the chips and salsa. She was in serious distress. All of a sudden she rolled her wheelchair to were we keep the liquor. That is when she did something that amazed me to no end. She stood up and she grabbed a bottle of Jack Daniels off the shelf and she took a big direct swig. The she took another and she put the bottle back on the shelf and she fell back into her wheelchair and she turned and looked at me and smiled again.

She gave me a wink and she went back to were the bidders and shufflers where and nobody knew what just took place. I have to tell Elise about this as soon as the game is over. This lady is something else! I went back over to check on Chris and I grabbed a huge glass of ice cold water. I have to stay away from the scooter lady because she is going to catch me one of these days and it is not going to be pretty. 

Help Me, please!
Jessie


1 comment:

Loraine said...

You're in trouble now! That scooter lady will never let you have a moment's peace!

Be careful out there!

Buongiorno!

Buongiorno! BIRTHDAY FLOWER PIC FROM MY GIRLFRIEND (FLO) Mood: Hopeful!  Music listening to: Forever Your Girl by Paula Abdul! Buon Venerdi!...