Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Buona Sera!

 Buona Sera!

How are you doing? We are about to be stormed on here in the valley of Tucson. We have wind, lightening, thunderboomers and no rain as of yet. Plenty of dark ominous clouds are about as well.

My day started off great, but it took a turn this afternoon at around 1:00pm. I mean it really ruined my perfect day.

The caregiver was late bringing Chris over, so I checked things out on the monitor. She was having a problem with a catheter exchange. So, I figured with her 27 years' experience that she could handle the issue. Well, I was totally wrong. She went through 3 catheters, 3 pairs of underwear, 3 pairs of shorts and 1 tee shirt. Chris had to be put back into in bed by her because his catheter came off while she was transferring him to his chair without checking the status of the catheter. His wheelchair was soaked, his Roku seat was soaked, he was soaked, the living room floor was soaked, his bedroom floor was soaked, his bed linen was soaked as well. So, I decided to see what the problem was because she had changed his catheter before. She got frustrated and she called her office for help. The office called Elise to let her know what was going on. Elise told them that she has changed the catheter before. They asked if we could go over and help her. I hate to think what would happen if we were not at home. I went over and asked her what the problem was, and she said that she forgot how to do it. I told her that she could leave and that I would take care of it. She insisted on staying to show me what she had done. I stopped her in the middle of it and I told her what she did wrong, and I told her to leave and that I would finish it. Elise came over to help me get Chris cleaned up, redressed, and we got him into his chair. We started the laundry, sanitized his Roku Seat, sanitized his APP pad and we changed his linen. Chris was glad to be up in his chair and making his way into the main house. Today those 27 years of experience was on a vacation. Not good at all. It has been a (SNAFU), indeed. Chris has to be monitored often and if you don't you will have some issue. She must think that Chris doesn't move around while he is his bed or chair. Chris needs to be checked on constantly. We kept our cool today but if this happens again, I will have to exercise my over 30 years of experience. I don't like to micro-manage but I will, if need be, and it will not be pretty. What an afternoon right? Too bad I didn't have a 6 or more Cerveza's in the fridge.

I am caring for Chris tonight. Elise is in the main house watching the news. Chris is watching TV and enjoying his supplemental drip and some avocado.

Sleep well and I will chat at you tomorrow. It Chefs Day and Hump Day.

Buona notte...Jessie and Elise  

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Buona notte fidanzata.

Loraine said...

Hai ragione pomeriggio difficile. Spero che il caregiver ottenga le cose per bene d'ora in poi.

Buon Pomeriggio!

Buon Pomeriggio! How is your Sabato going so far? It has been a busy one for us today. Mia Moglie is catching up on her email and writings. ...