Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thirsty Thursday!

Good Morning

Mood: Happy

Music listening to: Rapture Of You by Anita Baker (classic R&B)

How are you this morning? I started the day off at 3:30am this morning, yes I said 3:30am this morning. Elise was awake to but for just a minute or two. We were awakened by natures fireworks. We got thunder and lightening and a nice breeze. The dogs did not care for it at all, I guess it was too early for them.

All of a sudden Mother Earth let loose with some much needed rain and it smelled great. I even got up to have a look to make sure that I was not dreaming. It was wonderful! I hope that we get a repeat during the day. The coffee is good this morning and I am down to my last donut,smile. Any plans for today?

Angelica will be here this morning to care for Chris and Rosemary will be here at 1:00pm. We had a very,very nice dinner last night at The Lodge On The Desert. We started off with a glass of red that was pretty good. We had a Spinach Salad made of organic spinach, Green Valley pecans, sliced pears and Arizona honey vinaigrette. It was great.

The entree was Prime NY Strip Loin'Twice Cooked'. It was overnight slow roasted and then grilled, we also had cast iron chipotle-baked potatoes, De Mill cheddar, seasonal veggies and Lodge steak sauce. It was delicious and we recommend a visit to the Lodge On The Desert. The chef Ryan Clark just won the 2011 Iron Chef competition here in Tucson.

After dinner we went back home to get Elise's Kindle so we could read while we were at the Arizona Inn waiting for the show to start. At the Inn we sat at the bar and read and we consumed a glass of red and we snacked on peanuts and fruit. We departed the bar and we headed for the showroom.

We sat down at a good center table and we could see everything on stage and we could people watch as well, one of my favorite things to do. We spotted Stu and Shoo Shoo as they came in and I went over to say hello to them, it was good to see them. I went over to the bar and I got a glass of water and a martini as well before the show started.

Susan Clausen got up on stage and she got the show started and she thanked all of the sponsers and supporters of the Invisible Theatre. She introduced the "Wild Women" and the blues program began. The Wild Women were Lisa Otey on the piano and vocals, Diane Van Deurzen on vocals, and Heather Hardy on vocals and violin.

I have to tell you these three Wild Women had the place rocking with their sultry blues renditions, it was excellent. What a show, what a show! My favorite was Heather she really could play that violin and make it talk,wow! After the show we bought a CD with many of the songs on it that they amazed us with. We returned home and we read for a short while and we called it game over.

We are going to go to the movies this afternoon the see "The Beaver" with Mel Gibson at the Crossroads theatre. Well, I had better get busy and get Chris settled for Angelica. Have a great Thursday. Stay safe and I hope that we get more rain today. I also got a hug at the beginning of the show from Susan Clausen that was nice. I guess my Mojo was working last night because a got a kiss on the cheek after the show was over from Susan Clausen as well and Elise noticed that one,smile. Hey, I guess I still got it,whatever that is and I am sure that it makes Elise very proud and happy. Now that was a good save, right?
Later..............

Tiger,Marcie, Jet, have a wonderful Thursday.

Loraine, we had a fantastic evening and the food at the Lodge was great.

Mary good to hear from you again. I know that you are looking forward to Joe's return home? You dinner sounded very good.

Mary and Bob, thank you for the tags.

Steph, how are you?

Shirlene, what are you up to?

Shoo Shoo and Stu, it was good to see you at the Lodge last night. Wasn't the show very good?



1 comment:

Loraine said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I got 6/10 of an inch of rain last night. How about you?

And Elise said you both love the Kindle. Super!

Buon Pomeriggio!

Buon Pomeriggio! How is your Domenica going so far? I have to tell you that mine is just not the same. I am usually doing my Domenica tasks ...