Friday, May 31, 2013

Howdy!

Howdy!

How is your Friday going so far? We are good here but it is heating up big time. We may hit 105 by Sunday. Whew!

Here is the final day of our trip to San Antonio. It was an adventure we have to tell you, but we got through it. Enjoy!

25 May 13

Elise is up and about. We are getting ready to head to the airport and turn in our rental car. It is really storming and raining buckets outside.

We are stuck in our hotel. The storm is a bad one and the roads any highways have turned into lakes. This is a bad one. I call Thrifty Rental Car to let them know that we would be late turning our car in. Elise went down to the lobby to pick us up some breakfast from the breakfast buffet.

It finally stopped raining and we check out of our room at 12:30. We proceed to turn the car back in. We caught the shuttle to the airport. Prior to us checking out of the hotel, I called the airline to find out about our flight that we missed. Come to find out it had been cancelled and we were set to catch a later flight this evening.

We spent 5 hours in the airport. Our new flight time was 5:30. Meanwhile we cruised the airport area. After several drinks and some Mexican food we left San Antonio headed for Dallas-Ft. Worth.

We got to Dallas-Ft. Worth. Come to find out that connecting flight was running late as well. So we cruised the airport area. We stopped for some pizza and a double shot of Jack and Coke. Man, those were some good drinks. I noticed a guy kept looking at Elise and I while we were enjoying our cocktail. Elise left to go to the bathroom and the guy came over to our table. He asked me if Elise was my wife and I replied yes that is correct. I asked why did he need to know. He said that he thought that it was because it was wonderful to see an inter-racial couple get along so well. He reveled that his wife is African-American and that they have been married for 22 years now. I thanked him for the compliment and he said that we got it right and we understand. He shook my hand and he went back to his seat. Elise returned and I filled her in and I pointed him out to her. I told her that you don't hear that everyday! 

It is now 8:50. We board our plane and we are on our way to Tucson.

Our seating arrangements got all messed up and we were in the back of the plane and not sitting together. I was sitting in front of two teachers who talked the whole flight. Good thing I had my tablet with me. They talked about their job and the people who should not be teachers or principals. I needed one of those double shots of Jack at that point!

We arrived in Tucson at 9:15. Today was a real adventure to say the least. We got our luggage and we loaded up the Tacoma, and we headed home. It was good to be home. We had a fantastic vacation in San Antonio, Texas and we are looking forward to a return trip in the near future. It is 11:00 lights out!

Cheers!

Salude!

Elise chilling!

Huge Shoe

Me getting my grub on at "The Salt Lick"

Elise sums it all up!

1 comment:

Loraine said...

"Cheers" to the good looking guy with the margarita!

Buongiorno!

Buongiorno! HERE IS MY LOUNGING BUDDY FROM YESTERDAY ON THE FRONT PORCH! Mood: Blessed! Music listening to: You Are Everything by the Chi-Li...