Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sunday!

Good Morning!           
Jim and Loraine at "Feast"


Bobby and Elise

The "Wizards" cape

Jim and Loraine playing CAH

Loraine crowning the new "Wizard"

It's Butts in the air bowing to the new "Wizard"


Mood: Magical!

Music listening to: Easy Like Sunday Morning by Lionel Richie

   It's a Sunday! What is up? I started the day off at 4:40am looking in on Chris and getting him settled for Elise. Elise is not in her cave this morning so she will be up and over to Chris's house soon. Any plans for today?

    The coffee is freshly brewed and no salad or smoothie this morning. Elise and I are going to the "Egg Connection" for breakfast.  

    It is with great pleasure for me to introduce you to the new "Wizard". Yes, it is I. Elise lost her status last night. I smoked them all with my expert card playing.

    My girlfriend the lovely Loraine has been giving me grief for a few days saying that she was going to be the new "Wizard". Well, that did not happen. As a matter of fact poor Loraine did not fair well at all. Too bad!

    I was crowned the new "Wizard" and my fellow players had to bow in respect at my greatness. Butts in the air! Can you feel me?

    It was such a fun evening. Good friends, great drinks all around. After I became the new "Wizard" we played a game of "Cards Against Humanity". What a wonderful game. It was introduced to us by Sheila's daughter at the cabin awhile back. It is so much fun. 

    The vino, margaritas, sangria, vodka cocktails, was working it's magic just like I was when I was waving my wand around. The topper was when Elise brought out the big guns. I had secretly planned this to happen by placing a spell on the players. Elise introduced the " Southern Comfort Pepper" and from then on I was in total control. Bobby loved it and to my surprise the lovely Loraine did too. So it was shots and more shots. 

    Elise prepared a excellent dessert. We enjoyed apple crisp and ice cream. It was a hit and I hope that Elise will prepare it again.

    Prior to the "Wizard" fest we met up with Jim and Loraine at "Feast' for dinner. The food was excellent and so were the drinks.

     The table ordered Raspberry-Caramel Spare Ribs with braised collard and mustard greens, Grilled Filet of Angus Beef Tenderloin with de Moine cheese, apple cider glaze, grilled radicchio and tempura green beans, served with mashed potatoes, Pan-roasted Sablefish with carrot curls, curry butter and fresh mint and cilantro, served with tomatillo rice and mustard greens, Pan roasted Spiced Chicken Breast with roasted celery root and cauliflower, fresh radishes and Belgian endive, Buttermilk sauce and dried cranberry garnish.

     Some of the drink items included red vino, Bohemian Bicycle, and we all shared a "Nardini Grappa di Mandorla" it was excellent. What a grand evening it was and I am not bragging because I am the new "Wizard" well just a little.

    Thank you Jim, Loraine, Bobby, and my better half Elise for putting this all together. Elise, Bobby and I are going to go to the movies this evening after Rosemary arrives to care for Chris. We are going to see "Pompeii" in 3D. It should have fantastic effects.

    Well, I had better check on Chris. Have a good Sunday and a better tomorrow.
Later......Jessie and Elise
    

1 comment:

Loraine said...

My hat is off to you and my butt is in the air as I bow to you, Oh King of all Wizards!
It was great fun and the new game was a hoot. We'll have to do that again.

Buona Sera!

Buona Sera! How are you doing? Hope that you are well. It has been a very long day here. We have been going through Chris’s medical supplies...