Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunday!!


Good Morning
Mood: Content
Music listening to: Red Light Special by TLC
How are you? I started the day off at 4:50am looking in on Chris. Elise is purring up a storm this morning and she is not in her cave. She will be up soon to care for Chris. The coffee is good and hot this morning. Any plans for today?
We are going to the Egg Connection this morning for breakfast. We had a very nice dinner at the Blue Willow last night and the food was very good. We started off with a bottle of red and Elise had a salad and I had a Cajun black bean soup. For the entree Elise had salmon with mashed potatoes and veggies. I had the meat loaf with BBQ sauce and mashed potatoes and veggies. For dessert we shared a gluten free brownie.
After dinner we went to the Berger Center to see John Amos in a one man play and let me tell you it was excellent and he deserved the standing ovation that was given. John Amos played the dad on TV show "Good Times" he played the part of James Evans. He is also noted for his role in Roots as well.
This show brought back a lot of memories for me and my childhood. For example taking Castor oil for just about anything that ailed you. The reference to ( It takes a Village), is nothing new because back in the day when I was growing up you were watched, looked after and even disciplined by not only your parents but the neighbors took care of things when you parents were away. Your neighbors were given license so to speak to do so from my parents. I also remember about how much fun a cardboard box would be compared to what kids want today. Those were some good old times, indeed!
We returned home and Elise hit the sheets to read and I checked on Chris to make sure that he was good to go. I joined Elise and I got out my Kindle and a read a chapter or two of my book. Soon it was lights out. It has been a very good day. Well, I had better get busy and find something to do. We may go to the movies this evening after Rosie arrives to care for Chris. Have a good Sunday.
Later.............Jessie
Tiger, Marcie, Jet wake up!
Loraine, how are things?
Monna, how are you?
Shoo and Stu, have a good one.
Ross and Denise, anything new down under?
Jane and John, how are you?

No comments:

Buona Sera!

Buona Sera! How are you doing? Hope that you are well. It has been a very long day here. We have been going through Chris’s medical supplies...