Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween


Good Morning (Ghouls and Goblins)


Mood: Cheerful


Music listening to: Little Red Corvette by Prince


Happy Halloween! How are you doing? I started the day off at 5:30am looking in on Chris. Elise is caring for Chris this morning. I am on my first cup of coffee already and it is very good. Any plans for this the last day of October?


Elise, her Mum and I had a very nice time last night at Kingfishers for dinner. We started off with a bottle of Steele Zinfandel that was really good. When Elise's Mum asks for more than one glass it is very good, smile. The food was excellent. We shared Pan Seared Shrimp Cakes with a Vietnamese chili sauce and it was very spicy just like Elise and I like it. It was a bit too spicy for her Mum.


Elise, got Halibut Cheeks with potatoes and it was very good. Mum got a salad and fried oysters with veggies. I got Sea Scallops in a coconut sauce with a mystery rice with fried Bok Chow, wow was it good. We shared two orders of a pecan pie with cinnamon swirl ice cream that was really, really good. We topped off the dinner with some steaming hot, hot coffee. A wonderful evening!


We returned home stuffed to the gills don't you know? After Marv left I checked on Chris and we called it a night. Almost forgot to mention the thrill of the day. I mentioned in the previous posting that I was going to venture out to purchase my specialty wine that I do every six months as a treat for me. Well, I did it yesterday and what a deal did I get, it had me in shock and disbelief.


I went to BevMO and I bought a bottle of Brunno Giacosa Barolo Falletto 750ml 1999 for the price of $154.00 per bottle. Price shock, huh? Well, they have a promotion that from a select list of wines if you buy one bottle the second bottle is only five cent more. I thought for sure that this bottle of wine was not included in the promotion but it was. I wanted to do some cartwheels right there in the aisle but I kept cool. Keep in mind that this is a wine that is locked in a security display. The clerk got the wine out of case and he took the wine to the checkout and handed it to the cashier. He rung it up and even he was in shock that the second bottle was only five cent, he called for a manager and he confirmed it. I paid for it and I quickly left the store and dashed to my car before someone came after me saying they made a mistake. Wow, what a deal. Elise and I will open a bottle of it on Sunday to go along with our dinner. The other bottle we will store until sometime in 2010.


Well, I had better get busy around here and get this Saturday moving along. We are going to go out for dinner this evening at The Barrio and afterwards we are going to The Arizona Theatre Company to see Marlo Thomas in a live play called George Is Dead, it is a comedy. At dinner last night at Kingfisher we sat next to Jan and Lundy, it was good to see them. Have a great day!


Later......................


Good Morning Jeanne


JT, send me the bill for St. Luke's


Tiger and Marcie, have a wonderful day.


Steph, have a good weekend.


No comments:

Buongiorno!

Buongiorno! Mood: Hopeful! Music listening to: Boney James! Buon Sabato!  How are you doing? It is a nice, sunny morning here in the "O...