Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Buongiorno!

Buongiorno!



Mood: Cautious! Determined!

Music listening to: You Want to Be Starting Something by MJ!

Buongiorno! Buon Martedi! Taco Tuesday!  How are you doing? We started the day off at 5:30am caring for Chris. Any plans for today?

The coffee is a good Sumatran Blend, and a second cup will be enjoyed later this morning. It is a clear, chilly morning here in the valley of the Sun.

Jackie will be here this morning to care for Chris. Alexa is awake and she said that I don't have any tasks to complete today. I asked her to play some "Down Home Blues" for me today.

I will start a new rock today if time permits. We need to replenish our rock supply very soon.

Here is the next installment about our cruise to New England. Enjoy!

11 October -Portland, Maine!

We slept very well last night thanks to the (gummies) we bought in New York. We woke up at 8:30am, at least I did. My shorty woke up at 9:00am. We showered, dressed and we went to Deck 15 to have breakfast. The view of the shoreline here in Porland, Maine is spectacular. Maine is full of trees, which are changing colors. Beautiful!

After breakfast we left the ship to explore Portland. Portland is a cute little town with lots of cobblestone and brick streets. A good place to have a trip and fall because it is so uneven. The temp is 52 degrees here. We walked and walked. We found a CVS where I bought a cold sore gel, since I had started to develop one. We walked about 11 miles, and we were pooped. I took the elevator back to our cabin and my shorty took the stairs. Sheesh!

Later we spent a lot of time at the bar in the Atrium. We listened to good music, and we watched people play fun games. They were throwing back drinks just like we were.

We decided to go to dinner in the "Manhattan Room". It is one of the fancy restaurants onboard. We were entertained by a live band while we ate our dinner. My playmate had the salmon, and I had the mixed BBQ plate. It was delicious. The bread was fantastic, and my playmate broke her diet, and she devoured 3 dinner rolls. For dessert we both had "Bananas Foster" that was excellent.

After dinner we were going to "Karaoke", but we were so tired we went back to our cabin to call it a day. A good day in Portland, Maine.

Here are a few pictures. Enjoy!

11 Oct Portland, Maine.

11 OCT A MARINA



11 OCT OUR SHIP THE BREAKAWAY






11 OCT THE BREAKAWAY DOCKED






11 OCT (IO) AND A (ORSO)


11 OCT GREAT TREE COLORS


11 OCT MIO MOGLIE STRIKING A POSE


11 OCT DOWNTOWN PORTLAND














11 OCT ROYAL CARRIBEAN SHIP THE (VOYAGER OF THE SEAS) WE WENT ON A CRUISE ON THIS SHIP








11 OCT VOYAGER OF THE SEAS LEAVING PORT


11 OCT MIO MOGLIE SITTING AT A HIGH-TOP TABLE IN THE ATRUIM.


11 OCT A DANCE CLASS


11 OCT A GAME SHOW


11 OCT THE "MANHATTEN" ROOM


11 OCT GOOD LOOKING ENTERTAINMENT




11 OCT MIXED BBQ PLATE


11 OCT ALMOND SALMON


11 OCT BANANA'S FOSTER



 11 OCT MIO MOGLIE ENJOYING HER BANANA'S FOSTER



Well, I had better check on Chris. Chris the iRobot will be coming out shortly to clean the main house carpet.

My shorty is meeting up with one of her book clubs this evening at "Zayna's". She is going to bring back a "Gyro Platter" for me. Yummy!

Hey tomorrow is "Chefs Day". Woohoo!

Have a good Taco Tuesday and I will have a chinwag at you later. Enjoy the day.

Today's challenge word is (schizzinoso). I am very picky and (schizzinoso) when it comes to my girlfriends. Smile!

Ciao...Jessie and Elise

4 comments:

Jessie said...

Buongiorno fidanzata.

countrygranny47 said...

Good Morning,
More great pictures. So glad you both enjoyed your ship trip as well.

Jessie said...

Morning Country Granny,
We did enjoy it very much. How are you and Bob doing today?

Loraine said...

La mia citazione preferita su essere pignolo: Non si chiama essere schizzinosi. Si chiama non compromettere i tuoi stand

Ciao!

Ciao! Hey, how is your "Humper" going so far? I slept better than I did the night before, but my sleep is still not the same. I wa...